Thursday, January 03, 2008

What I Have Resolved to Do

So here is a semi-public list of what I hope to accomplish this year. I've omitted specifics of parenting and spousery (is that a word) because those are things I try to work on constantly and can't really check off until I check out. So, here they are in no particular order. 1. Get ahead and stay ahead on hours at work. I hope to take the week between Christmas and New Years off next year. This will also make the next resolution easier. 2. Finish Ironman Arizona. This is a big one. The racing schedule is secondary to IMAZ, and includes AF Icebreaker, Lehi Legacy Tri, Ironman 70.3 Honu, Provo Tri, perhaps Battle at Midway, definitely the Spudman, the Provo Half, and then IMAZ in November. 3. In addition to 1) above, in order to do this I'm going to need to lose a significant amount of weight. Get to a truly reasonable and healthy weight. I need to lose about 30 pounds to be on the top end of healthy and need to lose something like 40 pounds to put me in the middle of the fit range. 4. Read, understand, and put into practice the major techniques found in "The New Joy of Cooking." This is my attempt at a self-taught cooking course. This book has a lot of classic recipes and techniques. 5. Spend as many weekends as possible this summer camping with my kids in the mountains. Tent camping, dutch oven cooking, and hiking are what we're looking for. Lilia is starting to take an interest in electronic entertainment and I'd like to balance that out. 6. Ride with Jon in St. George. 7. Catch at least one ocean going salmonid - be it a steelhead or a salmon.

2 comments:

Mr. Flynn said...

From recent history I would say that #7 is not going to happen. Maybe you should just come out to the Northwest and hit a fresh seafood market and call it good. This is especially true if you go with Dave. Thankfully, I am not a part of that whole deal. I get enough of Dave on the biking front.:)

See you at Vikingman, good luck on the rest during the comming year.

Sabrosa Cycles said...

#6
gather up all of the necessary bits and pieces for your new single, stuff them in the back of your hot rod corolla, and come ride your new pony down here on the green valley loop. I can think of no finer trail to break her in on. saturday=rear triangle.
Oh yeah, the new powder coat guy's turn around is 7 hours. Beats the pants off of los otros in pahonicks with their silly two week turn around.